There are three paths to Samaritan House. We accept clients referred by county and state substance abuse treatment facilities, related human service agencies and individual admission requests.
- The Samaritan House is a State certified halfway house and clients are required to have completed medical detoxification prior to admission.
- Client must express a desire and demonstrate the necessary motivation to live without the use of alcohol and drugs.
- Client must have a willingness to develop a new way of life, including the skills of a recovery lifestyle.
- Clients should be able and willing to actively develop a recovery treatment plan with their primary counselor. Treatment plans will focus on gaining recovery and life skills and the eventual transition to independence and self-sufficiency in the community.
- Client must be willing to follow program rules, policies and procedures.
- Client must have the ability to live independently and cooperatively with others in a community living arrangement and be able to participate and support others in a group therapeutic environment.
- Clients must actively seek employment during their stay at Samaritan House or engage in alternative, purposeful activities such as attending school or career training. The Samaritan House employs a part-time Career coordinator whose sole purpose is to assist clients in obtaining or advancing employment opportunities and working with clients on an individual basis to assess career goals.
- Potential clients must be eligible for various County or State funding resources or be financially responsible for fees. All room & board, including food, is included in the program. Several self-pay beds are available for clients who do not meet funding eligibility, but the waiting list for self-pay beds is typically 4-6 weeks. Currently, our self-pay cost is $150 per week, but please call to verify.