There are three paths to Samaritan House. We accept clients referred by county and state substance abuse treatment facilities, related human service agencies and individual admission requests.
- The Samaritan House is a State certified halfway house. Clients are required to complete medical detoxification prior to admission.
- Client must express a desire and demonstrate the necessary motivation to live without the use of alcohol and drugs.
- Client must have a willingness to develop a new way of life, including the skills of a recovery lifestyle.
- Clients should be able and willing to actively develop a recovery treatment plan with their primary counselor. Treatment plans will focus on gaining recovery and life skills and the eventual transition to independence and self-sufficiency in the community.
- Client must be willing to follow program rules, policies and procedures.
- Client must have the ability to live independently and cooperatively with others in a community living arrangement and be able to participate and support others in a group therapeutic environment.
- Clients must actively seek employment during their stay at Samaritan House or engage in alternative, purposeful activities such as attending school or career training. The Samaritan House counselors can assist clients in obtaining or advancing employment opportunities and work with clients on an individual basis to assess career goals.